Thursday, April 21, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. Keeping with theme of three, I had three great workouts today! This morning I did a 15-mile ride on the trainer before work. Then right after work I went to a Zumba class with my friend Rachelle. After Zumba I came home and put my suit on and went for a swim at the gym. I swam 1000 yards straight! I can't believe it. Exactly 2 weeks ago I had my first swim of training and I swam in 25 and 50 yard increments.

2. Yesterday and today I have run, biked, and swam (swum?) distances longer than those required in my sprint tri. I am feeling pretty confident I can complete it so now I am working on a time goal. I think right now, my goal is 1 hour, 45 minutes. 20 minute swim, 50 minute bike, 30 minute run, and 5 minutes for transitions. I have no idea if this will actually happen, but I'm optimistic.

3. I found out yesterday that my hubby has all of next weekend off and gets to come to Eugene and run the half-marathon with me! Yay! I'm so excited! He has been wanting to go to Eugene for awhile so it works out great. Can't wait!

4 comments:

  1. Nice job with the bike, zumba, and swim!
    And yay for hubby getting to go to Eugene with you--wonderful!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workouts!!! You will rock the tri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Meg! One week till Eugene!

    ReplyDelete