Thursday, April 7, 2011

Since my tri training officially started on Monday, I figured I had better get a swim in today. I am not following an exact training plan because I am also incorporating continual half-marathon training. Since my tri requires a 600 meter swim, I decided to swim 600 meters and get a baseline for my training.

The last time I swam (January), I did 500 meters and stopped every time I got to the wall. I don't even know how long it took me. This time I did 50 meters straight 7 times, and 100 meters straight once. In total it took about 24 minutes. Considering this is my first swim in my 12 weeks of training, I am very happy. I'm just going to keep doing 600 meters and try to cut out breaks as much as I can until I can do 600 meters straight. The race has a 30-minute cut-off for the swim portion so I am feeling pretty confident that I will be able to do it.

For dinner I had veggie burgers with sauteed mushrooms and colby jack cheese. De-lish! I have had a bad few weeks of eating so I am trying to get it under control again. Ugh I hate dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment