Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eating, running, reading

I cannot believe how much food I consumed this weekend. It started with an innocent trip to the grocery store during which a few items of Easter candy were purchased, combined with hubby bringing home a bag full of Paradise cookies, going out to dinner with my parents at an establishment that makes the best brownies known to man, followed by a gut-busting brunch this morning that included doughnut muffins (amazing!) and cinnamon roll biscuits, topped off with additional Easter candy.

Thank goodness for running is all I can say.

I had my last long run of training today, it went pretty well. Much better than last weekend's long run, I only did 7 miles but I felt good at the end, I didn't walk any of it, and I drank less than 1 bottle of water (compared to last week when I needed 3 bottles). It makes me a little more confident for my half-marathon.

I have been doing a good amount of reading lately. I am developing a nice stack of books on my nightstand:



I can't remember the last book I read (or magazine for that matter) that was not related to running. Is it bad that I like to spend all my non-training time doing training-related reading, eating, and writing?

1 comment:

  1. I have to force myself to read non-running books! Great weekend, glad oyu have a fun time!
    :)

    ReplyDelete