Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two-a-days

Lately I have been taking full advantage of my later work days and getting two workouts in on these days. For example, on Tuesday I ran before work and did strength training after, on Wednesday I did pilates before work and rode the bike after, and on Thursday I ran before and did strength training after. It is working out really nicely because I have enough time to get in all of my workouts in the week. I try to run 3-4 times, bike 1-2 times, do strength training 3 times, and add in some pilates or zumba at least once a week. It can be hard to find time for all of that! So splitting it up has been great.

Today was my 9th day in a row of doing something on my legs (running, biking, and/or walking), and I could feel it during my run this morning. It was miserable! I could only hold my normal pace for 2 1/2 miles, then I had to slow down. I felt so defeated. Hubby tried to convince me that it was due to not enough sleep, not enough food, and no rest. I am hoping he is right, because this is making me nervous with my race so close.

My awesome hubby also surprised me at work with flowers and a new sweatshirt from Lululemon! It was part of a "race" gift bag for my half-marathon, he also got me a gift certificate for a massage for after the race, and a gift card to Peach Wave, my favorite frozen yogurt place! It was one of the best surprises ever! I think I may have to take a trip to Peach Wave after my long run Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment