Sunday, March 13, 2011

In case you couldn't tell...

One of the (many) reasons I love running is because I get to eat more :) This should come as no surprise.

Today was no exception.

I woke up surprisingly tired at 8am (daylight savings slipped my mind) and was on the treadmill to start my 10-miler a few minutes after 9.


Treadmill all ready to go! (What the picture doesn't show are the two extra towels on the handrails. I'm a sweater. As in, I sweat a lot. I am not an article of clothing. Just to clarify.)

My plan was to take two .1-mile walk breaks at 3.5 miles and 7 miles so I could munch on a power bar, but I was feeling so tired after 7 miles that I added another stop at 8.5 miles. I think it is due to eating reduced calories this past week, not getting enough sleep the last few nights, and not having a rest day since Tuesday. I will use next week's 11-miler as a dry-run for the race, and plan on eating, sleeping, and exercising how I will in the days leading up to the half.

Following my run I stretched, foam-rolled, and showered. I had been planning how to stuff my face following this calorie-burning session (1450 calories total including warm-up and cool-down baby!) so I knew the plan. Small vegetarian pizza and cinnapie. I was happily chowing down by 1pm.


What, doesn't everyone eat half a pizza in one sitting?

Despite eating 1/2 a pizza and 1/2 a cinnapie, I wasn't completely full. So when hubby suggested a trip to the mall I knew where to go. Orange Tree Frozen Yogurt! It is my new obsession. Self-serve frozen yogurt and my choice of delicious toppings? Yes please! I got chocolate and peanut butter frozen yogurt, topped with peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, a Reese's, and sprinkles. De-lish. Normally when I get dessert, I pretend that hubby and I are sharing (hubby happily goes along with this) but today when the guy asked if I wanted 1 or 2 spoons, I said 1. No shame. I just ran 10 miles mister.

The point of this story is to demonstrate that by enduring (and enjoying, for the most part) 2 hours of running, I then have the freedom to eat myself silly. I do still keep track of my calories, but thanks to my run I will burn over 3000 today, which is enough to treat myself to pizza, cinnapie, and frozen yogurt.

If only my knees and ITB would shape-up, I could be running double-digits all the time! Imagine how much I could eat then...

No comments:

Post a Comment