Sunday, March 27, 2011

Taper Time

And it can't come soon enough! I have really felt a decline in my running over the last week. I was planning on exercising every day this week and then resting Friday and Saturday, but I may just focus on getting in my three runs and not worry about any other workouts. My legs (and whole body) just really need a break and a chance to recover and restock glycogen.

I did 7 miles today and it went ok. I wanted to run in the rain so I will be prepared for race day rain, but it didn't even start raining until about 2 1/2 miles in. Then I remember I had my BodyBugg on and it isn't supposed to get wet, so when I reached my house I went inside (3.06 miles). I took off my gloves and Garmin and ran upstairs to hop on the treadmill for the remaining 3.94 miles. I took 2 walk breaks during my treadmill time. I just didn't have the mental strength to push through like normal.

Hopefully a week of rest and better nutrition (not dieting) will give me the mental and physical boost I need on race day. I know I can finish the half, but I would like to have somewhat of a good time while doing it.

Tonight I have a date with my hubby, we are going to McMenamin's Grand Lodge. They have delicious veggie burgers, and literally the *best* brownie I have EVER had. And I have eaten my fair share of brownies. I am very excited about this. Hopefully all the suger will help me stay awake tonight. You know you are tired when putting on compression socks seems like too much energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment