Sunday, August 21, 2011

Run-Filled, Fun-Filled Weekend

This weekend I had another round of 10-milers on the books. I had originally planned on doing 11 miles, but I didn't want to risk injury anymore than I already am. So, 10 miles it was.

Saturday I got up at 5:30 and did my 10 miles before Zumba. I have had to make some sacrifices due to running, but I refuse to give up my favorite Zumba class! After class I hung out with my husband till around 2 when he left for work. Then I headed over to Road Runner to get some IT band wraps. My IT bands were feeling sore after the run so I wanted to give them a try. I stretch and foam roll after runs, but I still have some issues when I run 2 days in a row.

After the running store I stopped by Borders. They are having a liquidation sale and I picked up "Run Less Run Faster" in the bargain bin for $2.99! What a steal! I prefer to only run 3 days a week and I love to crosstrain so I am interested to see how this program works.

The rest of the evening was spent relaxing around the house, hanging out with my pup and eating an amazing BBQ chicken salad


Yum!

Sunday I slept in until 6:30 then did my other 10 miler. I was feeling sore Saturday evening so I was very cautious and incorporated some walking to make sure I didn't overdo it.

After my run, hubs and I headed downtown to enjoy the beautiful weather we are having! We had lunch (and I had dessert of course) and then headed over to Foot Traffic to pick up an IT band wrap for hubs. We have a lot in common :) I am glad we both run, otherwise I would probably drive him crazy with all my running talk.

It is rare for us to both have a weekend day off (he usually works during the weekend) so it has been nice hanging out today. Yes even watching Sunday Night Football. The things we do for love!

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend!

1 comment: