Sunday, August 14, 2011

Done and done!

My back-to-back long runs went great! I decided to do both 10-milers on the treadmill to make it easier on my knees. I kept my pace very slow and every 2 miles I would walk .1 mile. So far I feel no soreness at all. Yay!

I have been using Power Bar Energy Blasts lately instead of bars. They are sooo much easier to chew and I can actually run while eating them instead of having to stop and walk. I think they are a winner!

After my run I went to Sweetest Thing Cup Cakes for a little post-run treat.



I think 1 to 1 is a good cupcake to long run ratio. The one on the left is chocolate with peanut butter filling and chocolate ganache on top. The one on the right is vanilla with crushed oreos, and oreo buttercream frosting. They were delicious! I think I will make this a new long run tradition.

I am feeling a lot more confident that I will be able to finish both half-marathons. I was almost sad when my runs were done because I was enjoying them so much. I think I like long runs more because I don't have to worry about going fast, I can just relax and enjoy it.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Ok, those cupcakes might be the perfect long-run treat. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok don't take offense...but back to back?!?!?! That's just crazy stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! It is just for a couple weeks, I couldn't do it longer than that!

    ReplyDelete