Sunday, February 13, 2011

I had my first outside run since the beginning of December. I've been sticking with the treadmill out of convenience, but since I have a 10k next weekend I wanted to give my legs some road miles so it's not a shock on race day.

My Garmin still had my last run stats on it when I turned it on this morning. 4 miles in 42:14. I joked with my husband that I couldn't do that anymore. But I did 4 miles today in 41:58! And the last mile was a cool-down so I was purposely going slower. I can't find my ANT stick to upload my run but these are my splits, according to my memory:
10:25
10:02
10:00
11:31

I am feeling pretty good about my race coming up. My last 10k time was 1:08, 11 min/mile average. I didn't think I'd have a chance at a PR, but I just did 4 miles at about a 10:30 average. And I was only giving about 80%.

I love that a great run will put me in a great mood all day! I hope it can also give me willpower to resist the girl scout cookies I think are being delivered today.

No comments:

Post a Comment