Friday, February 25, 2011

I am happy to report...

That I am on day 5 of a very successful diet! I know, you shouldn't diet, it should be a lifestyle, blah blah blah. I do what works for me. I am just happy to have my eating under control again. It is scary when you almost don't fit into your pants!

We are leaving for Virginia on Wednesday. Friday is the 1-year anniversary of when I started running, so it's cool I'll be there, where my running began! I tried to find a race to do while we're there, but the only one in the area is a 10K. Since I just did a 10K I think I'll pass. I would like to do a 5K soon so I can get a new PR. My current one (33:42) is about 9 months old. I ran the second 5K of my last 10K in 30:47, so I think I have a good chance of breaking 30 minutes.

I am very proud that I have had my Girl Scout cookies since last Saturday, and I still have not had any! That is ending this weekend though. I have a 9-mile run on Sunday, and usually eating some sugar/junk food the day before helps. It may just be a placebo effect, but I'll take it. I'll take anything that helps me get through 9 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment