Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Running is so much more fun when its not 85 degrees out!

This morning I got up to do my usual 4-mile run and when I checked my phone it was only 70 degrees out! I decided I could do a slow 4-miler any time, so I should take advantage of the weather and do a fast 5K.

Mile 1: 10:02
Mile 2: 9:58
Mile 3: 10:28
.01: 0:48.
Total time 31:16, average pace 10:06. Beat my old 5K time (33:42) by almost 2 1/2 minutes!

It felt good to actually feel like I was running and not just jogging/running in slow-motion. It was so much cooler too, I didn't feel like I was in a sauna the whole time. I am definitely looking forward to the fall and cooler running temps. I told hubby, next summer I am not training for a half-marathon, long runs in the heat take all the fun out of running. I can do a spring/late spring race, and a late fall race, but nothing from June-September. At least not while we are living in the south. I'm jealous of all my friends that get to run in Oregon, it was perfect running weather last time I was there. That is one advantage of the climate that everyone seems to complain about!

No comments:

Post a Comment