Sunday, June 27, 2010

Measurable Progress

I usually never take measurements when I'm exercising and losing weight. I'm always too afraid to take them at the start, and then I kick myself later when I have no idea how much I've lost in inches. I didn't take measurements when I started running (beginning of March), but I did happen to take them in January when I started some brief fitness attempt. I was about 4 lbs heavier by the time I started running (apparently the fitness attempt back-fired), but these measurements are a general idea:

Jan. 11
Chest: 36.5"
Waist: 30.5"
Hips: 40"
Thigh: 24"

June 27
Chest: 33.75"
Waist: 27"
Hips: 38.5"
Thigh: 22.75"

Now that is measurable progress! My hips haven't gone down that much, but I think that's because I used to have a pretty flat butt and when I started running and strength training I actually got a butt from developing my gluts. So my hips have gotten smaller width-wise, but I've expanded out the back a little. Which is fine with me, it gives me more shape in my side-profile.

Anyway I was pretty pleased with the results! I looked at some size charts online and it looks like I've gone from a 10/12 to a 6/8 (bottom half is always a size bigger). My goal is to get to a size 6 all-around, just gotta lose another 1-1.5" in my waist and hips. Hopefully I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment