Monday, June 21, 2010

Had to happen sooner or later...

I guess I have my first real training injury. I've had blisters and minor aches/muscle strains, but nothing that didn't go away within a day. I am now on day 3 of foot pain. It is feeling a little better every day so I'm not worried, but I am hoping it goes away soon since I have a 10K in 5 days. I only did a 1 mile recovery walk yesterday and today I'm only doing yoga in an effort to stay off of it and speed healing. I've been RICEing it today too and I think that helped. I am a little scared that it will happen again after my next run though since it hurt during my last 2 runs before the 8K. We'll see what happens, I'm hoping to run tomorrow evening. I'm going to take it easier this week and stick to two 3-mile runs before the 10K. Last week I did 3 1/2 miles, 4 miles, 3 1/2 miles, and 5 miles, and didn't take more than 1 day off in-between so I think that may have contributed to the foot problem. Fingers crossed I wake up tomorrow pain-free!

No comments:

Post a Comment