Monday, June 14, 2010

Goal Weight Day!

Whoo-hoo! I was nervous to weigh-in today since I usually gain weight on vacation, but when I stepped on the scale I couldn't believe my eyes. I hit my first goal weight! (2.8 lbs down from my pre-vacation weight). I was careful with dieting and exercising, but I still had 3 2000 calorie days (usually only have 1 per week), and I had 3 rest days with no exercise (usually only have 1 per week). But my exercise sessions were better, I usually run 3 times a week for 3-4 miles and do 2-3 days of strength or cross training. Last week I did 2 10ks, a 4 1/2 mile run, a 2 mile run, a 2 mile walk, an hour of Zumba, and 2 short strength training workouts. Definitely more than usual. And it paid off!

My next goal weight is 5 lbs down. My original goal deadline was Sept. 5th, half-marathon day. But since that is 12 weeks away, I'm hoping I can hit it before then. Doing good so far, lost 13.8 lbs since March 3rd (14 1/2 weeks). Hope I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment