Friday, June 11, 2010

Getting faster!

I have to give partial credit to the runner-friendly Oregon weather (60 and cloudy), but I take some of the credit - ran 2 miles yesterday in 20:45! First mile was 10:22, second was 10:23. And there was a headwind. It didn't even feel like I was going fast, I felt like I was lagging. I should have done 3 miles but I had to cut it short since I was meeting my friend to go to Zumba. Which was awesome! A 2 mile run plus an hour of Zumba is my new favorite workout.

Tomorrow I am walking the Helvetia Drop Top 10k with my mom. She has been training for it for almost 2 months. I picked up our packets today, cute shirts (Adidas tech shirts), and free Clif Bloks and Snickers Marathon bars. It is going to be sunny and we are taking it easy (main goal is to finish, secondary goal is to come in under 2 hours), so I am looking forward to a nice walk in the Oregon country. I'm bringing my camera so hopefully we get some good pictures I can post.

No comments:

Post a Comment