Monday, May 31, 2010

Hills

I am at my MILs house for the weekend. She lives on a very steep hill, and every street in her neighborhood has a pretty good incline. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I knew I needed to get a run in since we are here for 3 days. So despite the fact that I am not a morning runner, I don't really have experience training on hills, and it was extremely sunny out, I thought it'd be a good idea to jump out of bed this morning and go for a run around the neighborhood.

FAIL.

I was ready to quit after about 1/3 of a mile. The sun was brutal, and the hills were killing me. No matter where I ran, there was another hill. I stuck it out for 2 miles, and then walked 1 mile. I'm a wimp. It is the first time in a month that I've had to walk during a run. It's good I got some hill running in though, I never do that so it was a good opportunity. But I am looking forward to running on my nice, flat, shady golf course trail again!

No comments:

Post a Comment