Monday, January 2, 2012

First Run of 2012

Since yesterday was a rest day, I had to wait until today to do my first run of 2012. It's a cut-back week so I did a long run of 10 miles. Despite adding walk breaks to my last 4 long runs, I could run the whole thing straight. I actually ended up running 10.6 miles, because I was running at a 5.3 mph pace and I wanted to do 2 hours.

I have gotten a pain in my upper hamstring a few miles into my long run for the last few weeks. I am worried that I have a small pull or tear in it. I kind of want to go to the doctor to see, but I am afraid they will tell me I have to stop running to let it heal. I would hate to do that...but if I have to, now is better than later. I have 15 weeks until my marathon, so if I had to take a couple weeks off I could probably still make it. I am ahead in my training schedule anyway so I wouldn't be too far behind.

I looked up sports medicine doctors on my insurance website just in case. We'll see if I actually get up the nerve to make an appointment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment