I was tagged by Julie at You Just Have To Tri! for the 11 Random Things post that is going around. Thanks Julie!
The rules of this post: (disclaimer I did not make them so don’t yell at me for them being difficult)
1.Post these rules.
2.You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3.Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4.Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5.Go to their blog (FB page or other Social site) and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6.No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag people!
11 random things about me:
1. I have a Type-A personality. I just discovered this when I had to take a personality test for a class I am taking in grad school.
2. I have never travelled outside of North America.
3. I currently weigh about 70 lbs less than I did in high school/college.
4. My husband and I met on 9/6/05 and got married on 9/6/08. I didn’t want to have two different anniversaries. Maybe this is related to being Type-A...
5. My sister-in-law was one of my best friends in high school. We married brothers.
6. I have a rock from the Grand Canyon and a piece of the wall from inside the Empire State Building (they were doing construction). I like to take keepsakes when I travel.
7. When I was 15 I went on a mission trip to Tecate, Mexico. Our toilet was a hole in a piece of wood, over a hole in the ground. I went to the bathroom once a day the entire time we were there.
8. My first dog died on Thanksgiving, my grandma died on New Years Eve, and one of my best friends from college died 3 days before Valentine’s Day. Holidays stress me out a little.
9. I have never gotten a traffic ticket. I did get 2 parking tickets in college.
10. I only eat meat about once a month. I am not a vegetarian, I just don’t like meat that much.
11. I have to keep a fan on when I sleep. One summer about 10 years ago it was so hot I had to sleep with a fan on my night stand. At first the noise drove me crazy, but then I got used to it. And now I can’t sleep without it.
My questions from Julie:
1. Name 1 blogger would like to meet.
Janae from Hungry Runner Girl, she is the only person I know who loves food as much, if not more, than me!
2. Do you log your workouts? If so where or how?
Yes, I have an Excel training log spreadsheet that I keep religiously.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday or Saturday night?
Do homework (assignments are always due Sunday), hang out with my husband if he is not working. He usually is.
4. What are you addicted to?
5. Do you share your blog with everyone?
Nope. Only my husband knows about it. And other bloggers. But no one else in real life.
6. Tell me one way you are different then you were 10 years ago.
I was extremely shy and self-conscious.
7. Hot, medium, or mild, how spicy do you like your food?
8. I’ve met people who barley break a bead when they workout and I’m always amazed at this! Which are you sweater or not?
I am a sweater! Most definitely. I completely sweat through my top during long runs.
9. I’m thinking of doing a marathon, tell me which one you would do if you were going to do one and why? Or tell me about your favorite one you have done.
I haven’t done a marathon yet (am training for one now). But, when I lived in VA I really wanted to do Marine Corps Marathon. I heard it is great, and a Marine gives you your medal at the end. Very cool.
10. Music or no music when you work out?
TV if I am on the treadmill, music if running outside.
11. I need a book for my trip to Mexico to read on the beach. What would you suggest?
Becoming an Ironman. It is great inspiration!
My questions to those of you who were tagged:
1. What is your favorite cheat food/meal?
2. Where is the best place in America that you have travelled to/lived in?
3. If you could change one thing you have done in the past what would it be and why?
4. What is your favorite thing you remember from your first race?
5. Would you prefer to run on a treadmill or in the pouring rain?
6. What is your guilty pleasure television show? Mine is Teen Mom. Please don't judge me.
7. If you could have one super power what would it be?
8. Do you remember your dreams when you wake up? If so, what is the strangest dream you can remember?
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would you choose?
10. What piece of advice would you give a new runner?
11. Biggest Loser - love it or hate it?
I will try to tag people that have not been tagged already, but it's tough! I don't know if I can come up with 11...
1. Mel from Tall Mom on the Run
2. Janae from Hungry Runner Girl
3. Vanessa from Gourmet Runner
4. Amanda from 5 Miles Past Empty
5. Bethany/Ryan from Our Love On The Run
6. Heather from Run Faster Mommy
7. Tara from Colorado Runner
8. Emily from Sweat Once A Day
Right now everyone else I can think of has already been tagged! So I think 8 is good for now :) I will add more later if I can.