Wednesday, January 11, 2012

30 for 30

My work is doing a challenge for the new year, where you have to exercise 30 minutes a day for 30 days (January 3-February 1). Since I exercise 6 days a week as it is, I thought it would be great to sign up. On my rest day I just do 30 minutes of walking on the treadmill so it is still basically a rest day. I am so glad I signed up for this, there have been a few days when I didn't want to exercise but knowing I had to report my workouts kept me accountable.

I am also trying to do a few other things for 30 days straight - eat 5+ fruits and vegetables a day, and drink 8+ glasses of water a day. Yes, sadly, this is a challenge for me. I am someone that has to remind myself to drink water, or I won't. And I don't eat super unhealthy (despite my blog title :), but I definitely don't eat enough fruits and veggies. So far (today is day 9) I have been doing great and meeting all of my goals every day. I weighed and took measurements on the first day so we will see if this has any effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment