Thursday, September 1, 2011

Taper Week and Three Days To Go!

Tonight I did my last training run before my races this weekend. I used to love tapering because I got to sleep in and didn't have to exercise as much. Now it drives me crazy, I want to be up and moving! It feels weird not to run/zumba/dance it up as much as usual. Tomorrow is a rest day, then Saturday I have Abs and Zumba classes, then my races start on Sunday!

I am anxious and excited for my races. I can't believe they are already here. I really hope I am able to finish both races feeling good, but more than that I hope I can be smart enough to not get injured, even if it means having to DNF the second race. I don't want to sacrifice my long-term running goals for one race weekend. If I am pretty sore on Monday, my back-up plan is to walk the second race. But hopefully I don't have to do that.

After my race on Monday, hubby and I are going away for a few days. It is our 3 year/6 year anniversary on Tuesday!(3 years of marriage, 6 years total). We are still deciding between going to Seattle (my second race is in WA), or Eugene (where we had our first date - sweet, but would be 4.5 hours of driving for me). Unfortunately he has to work both Sunday and Monday so he won't be able to come to my races :(

I am a little embarassed to admit this - I am excited to go to sleep because when I wake up I get Cinnabon for breakfast! I know Cinnabon is horrible for you, but I only eat it when I am carbo loading for a race. They are like 60% carbs! And we got the minibons, so at least it's not as bad as the full size ones....right?

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I think Cinnabon is a great thing to look forward to! I often get one when I fly internationally--since it only happens a couple of times a year, it's a good rationing system!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love it that you want to go to sleep so you can get up and eat! :)

    I'll be thinking of you this weekend! Good luck have fun and be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, that is how I rationalize it too :) Only a few times a year won't hurt!

    Julie, thank you!

    ReplyDelete