Wednesday, September 21, 2011

18 days and counting

I can't believe the Portland Half-Marathon is in 18 days! Where did the time go?

I finally am back on track with training, after taking an easy week following my double halfs. Luckily I did not lose any speed despite not doing speed work for about 6 weeks. According to McMillan I should be doing my 400 repeats in 2:01-2:10 in order to hit 2:09:59, and I have been doing them in 2:00 (1:58 if I'm feelin fiesty!). So, in theory, I should be set to break 2:10 come October 9th!

In my non-running life, I am starting school on Monday. I'm working towards an MS in Organizational Leadership. I think I should still have enough time to do all my training, I will only be taking 1 class at a time. I am excited but anxious! I haven't been in school for a long time.

I also started biking again. I was burnt out from before but now that I am just doing it for fun, it is a lot more enjoyable. I am hoping to combine school reading with sessions on the bike trainer during the winter and kill two birds with one stone!

I have a feeling I will be pretty busy for the next few months...

No comments:

Post a Comment