Thursday, October 7, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. Race for the Cure next weekend! It is the second year I have done the Tidewater RFTC. Last year my friend Mel and I did it but walked it since she was 36 weeks pregnant. We joked about being able to run it next year. And now we are running it! I got my t-shirt in the mail today, I like it a lot better than last year's. After the race we are going to Cheesecake Factory. To make up for the 300 calories we burned. (I'll use any excuse for Cheesecake!)

2. Still having IT band issues. I am keeping my mileage low, as long as I only do about 3 miles it seems to minimize the pain. I did 5 miles on Sunday (walking 1 min per mile) and I was hurtin afterwards. Not sure how the 10k in 3 weeks and 13.1 in 5 weeks are going to go.

3. Running weather is here! It's been in the 60s several days this week and the humidity is basically gone. It definitely makes a difference. I went out for an easy 3 mile run on my lunch break yesterday, not putting in a big effort but running at a natural pace and I averaged 10:43/mile. A good 30-45 seconds/mile faster than an easy run in 80 degrees. And it's only getting cooler!

No comments:

Post a Comment