Friday, October 8, 2010

Back in the saddle

Finally had an ok week running-wise. Sunday 5 miles (11:36 pace), Wednesday 3 miles (10:43 pace), Friday 3 miles (10:41 pace). I felt like I could have gone longer today but I am hoping for 8 on Sunday so I took it easy. If I have any hope of completing OBX I need to get in at least an 8-miler and a 10-miler in the next couple weeks.

I started cross-training last week and I think it's helping. This week in addition to my 3 runs I did a spin class, elliptical session, and treadmill walking hill repeats. It was nice to do something other than run. My goal is to exercise 30-60 minutes, 5 days a week. Secretly, it is just to keep my BMR up so I can eat more :) But supposedly it's good for you too.

I am FINALLY losing my vacation weight from August. 1 lb to go till I'm back to pre-Oregon weight. Thank goodness! It has taken long enough to lose 4 stupid lbs. I still don't think I fit back into my size 4 jeans though. They only fit for about 2 days. Someday I will get back into them!

No comments:

Post a Comment