Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blue Moon Wicked 10K

I wish I had posted a goals post about this race so I could say I met them all! Better late than never, these were my goals:

A) Run the whole thing without stopping (I get race anxiety and don't think I can make it without walking, even though I have run longer than this distance several times)
B) PR (sub-1:11.55)
C) Break 1:10

Still waiting for official times to be posted, but my Garmin came in at 1:08.11. A 3 1/2 minute PR! Yeah! The race itself was awesome, it was a huge 10K (about 7500 people) and many dressed up in costume. We saw some crazy costumes, it was awesome. I wish I would have brought my camera so I could take pictures of everyone. It was supposed to be around 44 degrees at the start (surprising since it was 85 earlier this week!) so I was fretting a little about what to wear since I didn't want to be too hot or too cold. I settled on my black capris and new magenta long-sleeve top. I also picked up 2 bondi bands at the expo and wore one of those. I was glad I had not worn a jacket, the last mile and a half was on the boardwalk running straight into the sun basically.

After we crossed the finish line we got our medals (which double as a bottle opener, cool even though I don't drink beer), metal water bottles, and black running cap. I gave that to hubby, I could never wear one with how much hair I have.

It was my friend Mel's first 10K and I was glad I didn't slow her down like I did at the half-marathon. Our average pace was 10:54, which is pretty good for us for that distance. Tonight she and her hubby are having a Halloween party so I am spending most of the rest of the day baking "bat" brownies and getting ready. I am going as a bee, I'll try to post pics of my costume if it's not too inappropriate.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment