Saturday, November 13, 2010

Two weeks

In the last two weeks I have
- found out I was officially moving 3000 miles away
- taken an impromptu trip 3000 miles away to look for a house
- bought said house
- had the joy of telling family members 3000 miles away that we are coming home
- had the joy of telling family members here that we are moving 3000 miles away
- had an interview for a promotion (yes, 3000 miles away in case you aren't seeing the theme here)
- gained 3 lbs
- only run 4 times total, as a result of all of the above

I had to pull out of the OBX half marathon (insert crying face here). Due to our trip out west/sleep deprivation/constant raining/obsessing about houses, I went a shocking 5 days without running. In the 8 months I have been running, I have never gone more than 2 days without running. I just didn't have it in me. I also caught a cold on the plane and am in no shape to run 13.1 miles. I did not, however, completely lose my ability to run as I feared I would after not running for 5 days. I did a 4 mile run on Thursday at 10:54 pace, not bad for being sick and having eaten two chicken enchilladas an hour earlier. I should really wait longer next time, I don't like having to worry about barfing chicken enchilladas all over the treadmill at the gym. I don't think other people would like that.

I am sad about missing my last race of the year, but I have already put together a list of races I am going to do next year in my new home state! Up first is a 10k on January 2nd, which will keep me in running shape over the holidays. It will be kind of nice to not worry about training for a few weeks. Not that I could train if I want to, in three weeks I will be living across the country and in the meantime must pack up the apartment, meet with movers, have an additional interview for previously mentioned promotion, spend time with friends and family here, go to PA/NJ for Thanksgiving weekend, go to a 1 year old's birthday party, and try not to gain disgusting amounts of weight from stress eating. Should be a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment