Sunday, July 31, 2011

I need to make a checklist or something...

This morning I went out for my long run and made to sure to remember my bodyglide and ipod. However, I forgot my Garmin. Where is my head these days?! I was only about 5 mins from home but I didn't want to wait any longer, its going to be pretty warm today. I knew that from where I was to the Kaiser Permanente building was about 3.7 miles, and I had planned on doing 7 miles, so I figured I would just run to that intersection and back and look up the exact distance on Google Maps.

I had planned on doing an 11:30 pace but I had no way of telling my pace as I ran. My natural running pace is around 9:30-10, so I purposely ran slower than that, but that was all I could do. On the way back I passed a pair of women who were also out running and one of them said I had a cute outfit :) I was wearing my light purple running tank top and skirt. They were both wearing long black pants. They must have been so hot! I was getting pretty warm even though it was probably only around 70*.

I made it back to the car in about 81 1/2 minutes. I looked up the distance online and it was 7.4 miles down and back. I added .1 miles for the extra distance added weaving around people/trees, and going through cross walks and behind cars waiting at stop lights (I don't like to stop unless I absolutely have to). So 7.5 miles in 81:30, a 10:52 average. A little faster than planned, but I don't feel tired or sore so I am happy with it.

It was actually nice not having my Garmin, I wasn't worried about my pace or how far I had gone. I was just running and having fun. It was a gorgeous morning, sunny with a light breeze. A few rolling hills. Overall a great run!

No comments:

Post a Comment