Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tri Training Week 3 Recap

Sunday – Walked 10 miles
Monday – Ran 7 miles, swam 1200 yards
Tuesday – Biked 15 miles, 60 minutes Zumba
Wednesday – Ran 4 miles
Thursday – Biked 15 miles, 60 minutes Zumba
Friday – rest day
Saturday – Run for the Roses 5K, biked 25 miles

Totals:
Running – 14.1 miles
Biking – 55 miles
Swimming – 1200 yards

69.78 miles

As you can tell my training took a hit the day I found out my tri was cancelled (Wednesday). I was also trying to take it a little easy later in the week since I had a race on Saturday, so I skipped a swim on Wednesday and didn’t do my usual long bike and swim on Friday. I had so much free time on Friday, I didn’t know what to do!

I am feeling so relieved since I made the decision to ease up on my training. Slowly the guilt is going away :) I am hypercritical of myself so of course I saw myself as a failure for the first few days because I couldn’t stick with it. But now I am enjoying having the extra time, and not worrying about how to fit in a phone call to my sister in law and a trip to the grocery store between a 30-mile bike ride and 1500-yard swim.

Next weekend I am walking the Helvetia Half-Marathon with my mom. We walked the 10k part of this race last year and had a great time. She is retiring and the day before the race is her last official day with students ever (she teaches 5th grade) so the race will also be a celebration! I can’t wait. She turned 60 in December and I think it is so cool that she is doing her first half-marathon at 60 years old. I hope we do it together every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment