Sunday, September 12, 2010

One week till Philly!

It has been a little tricky balancing recovery and training during the two weeks between the two races. I ran Monday/Wednesday/Friday last week and my knees were starting to hurt during the last run, so I eliminated one of my runs for this week and will only be running on Monday and Thursday to allow my legs to rest as much as possible before Sunday. I hope I'm not making a mistake by taking that many rest days this week. I get so anxious and overanalytical about stuff like that.

I'm a little nervous about Philly. I didn't have any expectations for Virginia Beach except to finish, but now I feel like I need to do better at Philly because I know what to expect with a half-marathon, and I should be able to avoid making the same mistakes I made last time. The good thing is I should get about 2-3 more hours of sleep, the weather will be the same if not better, and I will make sure to eat more before the race and hydrate more during the first half. So as long as I don't train too hard/too easy this week I should be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment