Friday, September 3, 2010

I love race expos!

Today we went to pick-up our packets for the race. The expo was awesome! We bought so much stuff. I got a new pair of Brooks, a cute Brooks tee, a box of Chocolate Outrage GUs (and it came with a free water bottle!), some running-themed coasters, and a ton of free samples. Hubby got a running hat and a Timex Ironman watch. We had a great time, we were there for almost 2 hours. It was awesome! I am so full from all the snacks I had too, Snickers marathon bars, GU Chomps, Cytomax, etc. The one thing I wish they had out here is Hammer Gels, all they have are GUs and Powerade Gels.

I started my carbo loading today and it is awesome. So far I have had 2 bagels (1 w/peanut butter, 1 w/cream cheese), a banana, and a granola bar. I am having some Special K vanilla almond later. I finally weighed today after my vacation binge and I'm up 3.8 lbs. Not too bad overall, but I'd like to lose it quickly. I am letting myself eat whatever I want on Sunday and Monday, then its back on the diet.

It is crazy to think that in less than 36 hours I will be running a half-marathon! Yikes!

Oh, at the expo we decided to register for the OBX half in November. It was $10 off so we figured why not.

I have all my running stuff already laid out for the race, I love getting everything ready. I got a new pouch for my fuel belt and I can fit all my goods in it - GU, Hammer Gel, handy wipes, and imodium. I'm set!

No comments:

Post a Comment