Thursday, April 5, 2012

Slowly but Surely

My PT gave me the green light to keep running and building back up to where I was. I have never taken time off from running before so I don't know exactly what I am doing...before my break I was at a long run of 18 miles, and running 5 miles 2-3 times during the week. So far I have run 3 miles on Saturday, and 4 miles yesterday. It seems so little compared to where I was, but I am just thankful to be running again!

Now of course I am getting ahead of myself and planning all sorts of runs and races. Hubby and I are registered for the Rock n Roll Portland half-marathon on May 20th, which gives me about 7 weeks. We registered for it the day it opened so I really hope I can do it! I found an 8 week training plan that starts with 3-mile runs during the week and a 4-mile long run. So, I think 7 weeks is doable. I may be walking some, but I should be able to finish the race.

Can't wait for my first "long" run this weekend - 5 whole miles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment