Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Bad Run/Good Run

On Sunday I had an awful 13 mile run. Probably my toughest run in a very long time. I think I was having an off day, I also felt sick to my stomach afterwards which never happens. I tried to brush it off as a fluke thing.

Then today I had a 4 mile run and it was fantastic. I have been keeping the pace slow since I pulled my hamstring, but I am finally starting to speed up and it felt great. I didn't have any aches or pains at all, and my energy level was really good.

So what made me have such a bad run 3 days ago? Long runs are usually my favorite because I can stay slow and steady. But I was struggling so much I was almost in tears. My food, sleep, exercise, etc. leading up to both runs was the same.

I guess I will never know why some days I just don't have it. Luckily those days are few and far between lately.

How do you shake off a bad run?

1 comment:

  1. I can totally understand what you are talking about. Who knows what happens, but some days you just have a bad run. But the good news is the good ones always come back.

    ReplyDelete