Sunday, April 18, 2010

It probably wasn't the best idea...


Looking back I probably shouldn't have also signed up for a stairclimbing race in the middle of my 5ks. The race is on Sunday the 25th, 25 stories/580 steps, the day after my 5K Race for Diabetes. Today they offered a free "boot camp" session that I went to because they said it would be a little strength training, stretching, and stair climbing. It turned out to be 30-35 minutes of group exercise and running up all 25 flights as "practice" for next week. I'm pooped! And I get to do it all over again next weekend. At least I'm burning lots of calories! Once the stairclimbing race is over it will be a lot easier to train for the 5ks since right now I'm having to alternate running and stairclimbing every day, and then adding strength training 3 days a week. Just focusing on running will be a nice change!

No comments:

Post a Comment