Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Official

I am a registered participant in the Rock 'n' Roll Virginia Beach Half-Marathon. I finally had to bite the bullet and sign-up (price is increasing this weekend). Estimated finish time is 2:30 (11:27 per mile). Went on an easy 3-mile run with hubby tonight, our pace was 11:29, 2 seconds off HM race pace. I found this website where you can buy temporary pace band tattoos and I really want one, if only cause it looks so cool!

When I was typing the first sentence of this post, I finally felt the gravity of it. I just registered for a Half-Marathon. Half. Marathon. Something I laughed off less than 3 months ago. And now I can't wait to do it. Yes I have lots of training ahead of me (14 1/2 weeks to be exact), but I know I can do it. And I have the best hubby and RP you could ask for to do it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment