Sunday, April 11, 2010

The birth of the 5 x 5K challenge

After having to walk the entire YVR, we decided to do a 5K next weekend so we can have a chance to actually run. I was looking around on Active.com, Virginia Running Club, etc to see what other events we can do. I noticed that 5Ks are offered basically every weekend, and usually more than one per weekend. My husband is gone for the next two weeks for work and when he's away I like to find something to do to keep me busy and keep me from digging in to the Ben & Jerry's. Thus, the 5 x 5K challenge was born. Over the next 5 weeks, I will run 5 5Ks. I'm psyched! I am hoping to get a little faster each time, but really I will just be happy if I finish each one. My 3-mile training run yesterday took about 38 minutes, so I'm hoping to finish the first 5K in under 40 minutes. I'm slow I know! But considering how I had to walk the 5Ks I did in Oregon and it took an hour, at least I'm improving. Anyway, here is a list of the 5Ks I will be doing:

April 17th, 8am
Run the D.O.G. 5K
Williamsburg

April 24th, 9am
A 5K Race for Diabetes
Hampton

May 1st, 8am
Tabb High School May Day 5K
Yorktown

May 8th, 9am
20th Annual 5K by the Bay
Hampton

May 15th, 8:30am
Salute to the Military "Red, White and Blue 5K"
Yorktown

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment